Switch to Seattle Bank…it's easy!
We make it easy to switch your banking relationship to Seattle Bank; just follow the simple steps below. You can open a Seattle Bank account online, or in a banking center near you. Once you have a Seattle Bank checking account:
- Stop using your old account. Wait until all of your checks and deposits have cleared. Balance your account so you know the closing amount. Be sure to securely destroy unused checks, deposit slips, and ATM/debit cards.
- Complete the Account Closure Request Form in the switch kit, sign, and mail to your old financial institution.
- Switch your direct deposits. If you have a paycheck or other recurring income automatically deposited for you, make sure it follows you to Seattle Bank. Complete the Direct Deposit Change Request Form and send to your payroll department or the appropriate provider. If you have direct deposit of a federal payment such as Social Security, use the Direct Deposit Sign Up Form and follow the directions as indicated.
- Switch your automatic payments. If your insurance premium, gym membership, or other recurring bills are automatically debited, make sure future payments come from your new Seattle Bank account. Complete the Automatic Payment Change Notification Form, sign, and send to the appropriate provider.
- Switch your online bill pay. If you paid bills online with your previous financial institution, print out a list of payees and their information before you close your old account. Then you can easily set up Seattle Bank's online banking and free bill pay.
Thank you for choosing Seattle Bank!