At Seattle Bank, our focus is on our customers. Where it should be, in our opinion. So when we started thinking about an ad campaign, we couldn't think of anything more appropriate than featuring those people and businesses that are our reason for being: our customers. Below are some of the exciting businesses and people that you'll see around town on our advertising. They, and all the rest of our incredible customers, are what makes us who we are, and we are eternally grateful.
The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co.
After traveling America in search of the perfect cupcake, the dynamic team of Tony Portugal and Michael Hein decided it was time to create their own. After settling in Seattle, the two decided the Pacific Northwest was the ideal location to set up shop and build their dream business. Now with a funky and hip storefront in Belltown, more than 200 gourmet cupcake flavors on the menu, and a thriving business (including delivery to businesses throughout Seattle), they are true Seattle cupcake royalty. But don't take our word for how delicious their cupcakes are – you have to taste one for yourself.
- Company: The Yellow Leaf Cupcake Co.
- Founders: Tony Portugal & Michael Hein
- Based: Belltown
- Established: 2009
- Flavors: Over 200 (including Pancakes n' Bacon!)
- Why they opened their business in Seattle: They love this city.
- Web: www.theyellowleafcupcake.com
Cascade Mountain Tech
Cascade Mountain Tech was founded in 2011, with the mission of creating high-quality outdoor gear at unbeatable prices. The brainchild of Rick Wood, an avid outdoorsman with two successful Rainier summits to his name and a previous well-known product – Little Hotties Handwarmers – to his credit, Cascade Mountain Tech currently manufactures carbon-fiber trekking poles. Future plans include stadium seats, cross-country skis, snow shoes, bike frames, and other cool outdoor gear. Keep an eye out for them in local warehouse club stores!
- Company: Cascade Mountain Tech
- Founder: Rick Wood
- Cool fact: He also created Little Hotties handwarmers
- Based: Snoqualmie, WA
- Business: High-quality carbon fiber trekking poles and outdoor gear
- Where you've see his poles: The summits of Mt. Rainier and Vinson Massif
- Web: www.cascademountaintech.com
Travis Duty, Prudential Northwest Realty
A proud third-generation West Seattleite, Travis Duty has been a residential and commercial real-estate broker since 2004. An award-winning agent - including the peer-awarded Prudential ROCK award for business excellence - Travis credits his success to his love and extensive first-hand understanding of the city he grew up in. Travis played hoops for both O'Dea High School and the University of Washington, and since 2005 has volunteered his time instilling life-skills in local kids through summer basketball camps and other local youth teams.
- Company: Prudential Northwest Realty
- Lives: West Seattle
- Generations in Seattle: Three (his daughter makes four)
- College: Husky Basketball, 1998-2001
- Volunteers with: Catholic Youth Organization, Hoopaholics, and Global Volunteer Day
- Web: www.travisduty.com
Calidora Skin Clinic
Calidora, which means 'gift of beauty' in Greek, was founded in 2005 to address a need in the community for a professional skincare environment that was warm, welcoming, and results-oriented. Frustrated by skin care professionals that weren't interested in her long-term care, Courtion decided she could do better – and proved it. Now with four clinics in the Puget Sound, one in California, and masses of industry accolades and awards, Calidora is truly proving that a great customer experience backed by proven innovative skin care is the ultimate beauty secret.
- Company: Calidora Skin Clinic
- Founder & CEO: Colette Courtion
- Business: Advanced skin care treatments and products
- Area Clinics: Bellevue, Downtown Seattle, Redmond, University Village
- Number of Employees: 65
- Mission: To be the absolute best provider of advanced aesthetic solutions in the country, creating clients for life.
- Web: www.calidora.com
Founded in 2011 with a simple idea – to let people create instant, stylish websites from the convenience of their smart phones, Zapd has already generated quite a bit of buzz in the industry, even nabbing Apple's App of the Week award. Based in Pioneer Square, Zapd is the latest brainchild of Kelly Smith, whose other credits include Inkd.com and ImageKind, the first and largest user-generated marketplace for selling art prints.
- Founder: Kelly Smith, CEO
- Business: Smart phone app
- Based: Pioneer Square
- Number of Employees: 5
- Mission: To allow the world to create beautiful websites in 60 seconds, right from their phones.
- Web: www.zapd.com
Opened in 2010 to provide Seattle with a much-needed walk-in urgent care facility, Doctors Express is open 365 days a year, from 8 AM to 8 PM. With a physician for every patient, on site digital x-ray & lab, shorter wait time than the ER, and a dedication to reasonably priced health care, they are forerunners in a new trend of non-hospital urgent care facilities. And, as a local business, they feel strongly about banking with a local bank.
- Company: Doctors Express Seattle
- Medical Director: Michael Sthay, MD
- Number of Employees: 19
- Founded: 2010
- Open: 365 days a year
- Mission: To provide the community with affordable same day physician care.
- Web: www.doctorsexpressseattle.com
Schuchart/Dow was founded in 2004 as a partnership between native Washingtonians Jim Dow and George Schuchart. Today an acclaimed construction company with projects featured in publications from the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal to Metropolitan Home, Schuchart/Dow is dedicated to building one-of-a-kind, architecturally significant residences, backed by unsurpassed expertise in the field, and the highest possible level of customer service.
- Company: Schuchart/Dow
- Partner: Jim Dow
- Business: Residential Construction
- Number of Employees: 85
- Located: Fremont
- Mission: To build lasting relationships of trust and confidence through the delivery of an unparalleled building experience.
- Web: www.schuchartdow.com
A Helping Hand
A Helping Hand was founded in 2003 when Steven Jungk, after 20 years in the field, realized that the community needed a source for compassionate, quality elder care. With care designed to uphold the dignity of their clients, A Helping Hand aims to relieve the pressure on families struggling to care for their aging loved ones. They've now served more than 1500 clients in the Puget Sound area.
- Name: Steven Jungk (Founder and CEO)
- Business: In-home, personal elder care
- Employees: 150
- Years in business: 8
- Based: Ballard, WA
- Mission: To enrich senior's lives through relationships and care.
- Web: www.ahelpinghandnw.com
The Seattle Seahawks
Founded as an NFL franchise in 1976, the Seattle Seahawks have been providing Seattle with great football ever since. And the city has been providing the Seattle Seahawks with incredible fan support in return. In fact, the '12th Man', as the fans are known, give the team a massive home field advantage by being the loudest fans in the NFL. Today, with 61,000 season ticket holders and 25 million yearly visitors to their website, they are a truly Seattle institution.
- Based: Renton, WA
- CFO: Karen Beckman
- Employees: 150
- Years in business: 35
- Core Values: Passion, Character, Excellence & the 12th Man
- Loyal Fans: 1.9 Million
- Web: www.seahawks.com
King of the Web
Founded in 2010, King of the Web is a Capitol Hill based startup that combines social entertainment and social networking into a monthly competition for cash, prizes and ultimate bragging rights. Employees and founders hail from Seattle companies such as Microsoft, Big Fish, aQuantive and Expedia. King of the Web's mission is to reward "internet awesome", and we believe they are the city's next great tech company.
- Major Players: Maggie Boyer-Finch, Tim Sloane, Casey Selleck, Brandon Bozzi
- Business: Entertainment website
- Based: Capitol Hill
- Employees: 14
- Mission: To reward internet awesome.
- Web: www.kingofweb.com